Saturday, January 21, 2012

Langage Arts and Interactive Notebooks

I created a post-it note poster to use for students to understand the concept of a new word.  I put our headings packet on www.teacherspayteachers.com.  Since this is my first addition to TpT, it is free.  I hope to add other things to TpT focusing on using interactive notebooks in language arts.  There are many things out there for science, social studies, and math; but have not found many notebook ready/worthy ideas for language arts/reading.

Watch this blog for future updates about using interactive notebooks in language arts classes.  Since discovering the concept online a couple of years ago, it has become my best friend.  I love how organized the notebook keeps students and they all of their resources at their fingertips.  This is especially important as we move to Common Core for language arts and Essential Standards for social studies (I teach in NC) without the slightest hint of getting any new resources.  Since this is my first year EVER teaching social studies, the interactive notebook is a great place to resources for students to refer throughout the year. I think I should invest some of my money in glue stick stock...since we use it almost daily!

Watch for future updates with pictures from our language arts interactive notebooks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I am a 6th grade LA teacher and am really interested in bringing ISN's to my classroom. I really like your advice/suggestions on how to use them. Any other ways to use them in a 6th grade classroom is greatly appreciated. I am also new to blogging and hope to continue with it this summer and as the new school year begins.

    Good luck to you.

    Justin
    http://inthegreeneroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to incorporate IN into my college developmental reading course. I see everything is for grade school but I think this will benefit my students tremendously. Do you have any suggestions or advice?

    ReplyDelete